Monday, September 21, 2009

Bookshelf makeover

The project that I am currently working on is helping my mom makeover her house. She has spent the past 20 years raising me and my older sister and now taking care of her parents. Her house is stuck in the early 90's. A lot of the colors are shades of pink, burgundy, and light green. We are changing it up to shades of brown, blues, and gold. She is using what little free time she has now to start bringing it up to date and cleaning out. We are looking at a very large yard sale coming up in the next month! Here is the first thing she did (with my help). It's amazing how a little project like this will make you feel so good about your whole house. This is the first thing you see when you walk into her house from the garage and it's a really good first impression now. There's many more postings to come about this makeover.

BEFORE
AFTER


2 comments:

Victoria said...

Meg, I bet she loves seeing this when she comes in the door! I also bet she enjoyed having you to help her with this....or did she hold Jacob the whole time????? ;)

Christina said...

Looks great Meg! I'm betting she loves it because she gets to see precious Jacob. But I'm sure she loves the results too!