Monday, February 15, 2010

old buffet

We have the biggest hunk of TV in our living room that you've ever seen. It weighs 350 lbs. We got it right before flatscreen TVs became all the rage. We're worried that with Jake getting bigger every day and doing new things like sitting up that one day he could pull it over on himself. We have a flatscreen TV in our bedroom, but have decided to move it into our living room instead. All we need now is some sort of entertainment center to put it on.

My husband James would much rather make something than buy me something for a special occasion. This Valentines Day he decided to refinish this old buffet that my mom wanted to get rid of. This post from "Life in the Fun Lane" provided some inspiration. I showed James what she did with those old pieces of furniture and we both loved it.

Here are the before and after.






2 comments:

Christina said...

Meg----
That is the best Valentine's present ever. I first thought that the first painted picture was an inspiration picture from a magazine. Oh.my.goodness. It's gorgeous. Were you surprised?

James---you get many points for this one. You did a fantastic job. Proud of you brother.

Victoria said...

Amazing! I love it!!!! Hmmmm do you think James would help me with my table and chairs???

Oh and I thought the same thing Christina did about the first "after" picture being an inspiration pic from a magazine. Too funny!