Thursday, May 28, 2009

Baby room makeover

Jacob's room isn't quite done yet, but it's come a long way. here are some progress pics...

Above is before we even got started. It's embarrasing, but everyone's got to have a junk room... right??? When we started putting up the bead board we found that we have had hard wood floors underneath our ugly old carpet all this time! We were very pleased and confused as to why anyone would cover them up in the first place.






















Now, I know what you may be thinking. What happened to his name being Tyler? Well, I was driving down the road when it hit me. Just as my name is often abbreviated as M. Estes for user names and such at school or at work, his name would be abbreviated T. Estes. TESTES!!! I just couldn't do that to him as much as I liked that name. Kids can be mean and at some point one would catch on and call him testes. I just couldn't knowingly do that to him. So now his name is Jacob Parker. The picture below is of the closet in his room. There's still a lot to be done (like putting the closet doors back on for example, I just realized we need to do that).




















I could kick myself for not taking a before pic of my changing table. It was given to my mom for me and she knew I wouldn't want it based on how it looked, but she forgot about a simple little thing called spraypaint. Before it was a very light natural wood color. I painted it flat black and then took a scissor blade around the edges. Now it matches my crib (that is not up yet). My mattress pad cover matches the bedding I got. It's just a natural fiber material. I'm not into cutesy animals and stuff like that. I think they are ridiculous and will not tolerate them.




I got these letters at Michaels and spray painted them flat black. I don't know exactly what I'll do with them. They might stay propped up right there, but I don't know about the star yet.

The three pics below are a little update on my pregnancy. I'm getting bigger and bigger every day. These pics were taken last week by my sister in law who's blog you probably know well. I've gotten even bigger since these were taken. I'm 31 weeks now.



I've just got to say that my husband and my dad worked so hard on finishing the baby room for me. I'm a very lucky girl.

8 comments:

ARISTIONO NUGROHO said...

Hi friend, peace...
Your post (and picture) very interesting. If you willing read and comment to my new post please, at http://sosiologidakwah.blogspot.com

Sarah Kate said...

It looks fabulous. I love the dark floors and I like how you finished the changing table. Are you going to do the glider too?

Victoria said...

Oh girl, Jacob's room looks perfect!!!! I love the dark floors. Hmmmm...you think I could get Michael to stain ours a dark color????

I love the contrasts of the white beadboard, black furniture and blue! So totally you and just beautiful. I can't wait to see it all set up.

PS I bought you some cutezie bear stuff today. He he he.

Christina said...

It looks fantastic, Meg. I also love the dark stain you picked for the floors. That was such a wonderful find under the carpet.

You did a great job on the changing table. It looks amazing.

The beadbord was def. worth all of the time and effort. Jacob's room is going to be wonderful. Can't wait to see it finished.

All This Trouble... said...

I haven't read your blog in forever! The last post I saw was of a washing machine graveyard.

You've come a long way, baby! We wanted to name our daughter Lydia but one of our friends started a singsongy "Lydia Chlamydia" song and Lydia was OUT! You are good not to name him after the testes. Useful little buggers but just not that attractive...

Happy@Home said...

The room looks great and what a nice surprise to discover hardwood floors. This is such an exciting time for you and your husband and the photo of the two (or should I say three) of you is just beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Wow that looks so great.
I love seeing before & after photos.
Your rooms look really great!
I love the wall color in the nursery.
I would love to know the name of it!

Anonymous said...

Best Wishes to you.
Pamela your fellow RN Ohio