Friday, April 3, 2009

Bedroom makeover

Here are a few pics of the old. I wasn't taking them at the time to show a before picture. I was actually taking pictures of the furniture itself. These are the best I can do as far as before pics go. James and I were really roughing it while I was in school. We didn't even have any kind of comforter at all. This plaid thing is something I made for camping and we ended up using it on our bed because it was so comfy. We got this old furniture from a man who my grandmother knew. When he passed away we got to go through his big old house and pick out things we wanted because he had no family. In his house we found special containers of his mother's nail clippings, used floss, every thing that went in never came out of that house. It was so bazaar! It was full of valuable antiques though.



Here's the after. I got the bed at Ikea. We are loving our new king sized bed. I have always wanted a king size and even if we can't fit anything else into this room that is fine with me. Being pregnant it is so nice to have a lot of room to spread out!

I got this wall shelf from Ikea also. I really like it better than drawers.

5 comments:

Victoria said...

I was so excited to see your new bedroom! James was saying last night how he LOVES the new bed!

Love the shelf and the items on it. It has that classic, clean, cool Meg look that I love.

Christina said...

Love the look of your new room. I always love how crisp and beautiful your rooms are. But yet, also comfortable lusiousness!

Great shelves/baskets.

Unknown said...

Don't you just love Ikea! They have the best stuff! Looks really great.

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

I can totally understand wanting a king sized bed when you are pregnant! We only have a queen and I practically kicked my husband out of bed every night when I was pregnant! :)
Carrie

Liz Harrell said...

Grea makeover! Very light and airy, perfect for summer!