Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Southern Brunswick Stew




1 boneless pork loin (plan ahead)
1 cup chopped onion
2 cans diced tomatoes
1 can stewed tomatoes
1 cup ketchup
1 cup Jack Daniel's original BBQ sauce
1 green bell pepper diced small
3 cans cream style corn
1 cup lima beans (frozen or fresh)
salt
pepper
Tabasco sauce

Start early in the AM and cut the pork loin in half. Put in crock pot with a can of chicken broth. Slow cook all day. That night take out the pork loin and remove any unwanted fat. It should fall apart and be easily shredded. Put in fridge for tomorrow.

Put all ingredients in large pot and cook for a few hours. Salt, pepper, and tabasco sauce to taste.

You're gonna love it!


2 comments:

Christina said...

Well girl, you have certainly been cooking. Love Brunswick Stew in the crockpot. Yum!

I've never seen the other recipe before. It sure does looks fantastic and easy . I'll have to give it a try sometime. Thanks for sharing.

Victoria said...

Hmmmm I may have to try this. OR maybe I could just get my SIL to make it for me (hint, hint). ;)