Monday, June 28, 2010

do-it-yourself tub refinishing

Above is the best before pic I had. I actually wish I had one of just the tub but oh well. For 4 1/2 long years I put off and dealt with my tub and it's horrible finish. When we bought our home it was obvious that the tub had been refinished at one time, but had not been cared for. The paint had chipped and turned off white. I got a quote from Miracle Method and it was going to be almost $700 to have the tub refinished.

I've never been able to talk myself into paying that kind of money for that. There's always something else that took priority over it. You know how it is. Well, I'm so glad I didn't pay it. One of my life phrases that I try to stick with and am always glad when I do and always beating myself up when I don't is "when in doubt, don't" I'm telling you if you stick with this you can't miss. I went to Home Depot and for $23.97... well... you can see for yourself the finished product. I'm so proud that I did this. I followed the directions on the package. It was hard work, but worth it!!!




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello, I was very encouraged to find this site. The reason being that this is such an informative post.

Bathtub reglazing nj
Bathroom tile refinishing