Friday, July 24, 2009

Any day now!!!

With my due date being on the 29th James and I are very anxious. If I don't spontaneously go into labor I will be induced on 7/30 at 7:30. I don't mind that at all. I like to plan things and it is a huge weight lifted off me to know that there is an end and the date and time of it. As each week has passed I get so excited about being in a new week. When I was 36 1/2 weeks I would let people know that it was "thirty six and one half weeks". Just like when you hear kids say "I'm six and one half years old!" or when your about to enter a new grade in grade school you feel so grown up that first day of school. That's how I feel every time I enter a new week of pregnancy. It almost seems like the week I just came out of is for losers and old news! haha! Today I bought milk with an August expiration date and it really hit me that I will be holding my baby soon. Seeing things planned on dates past my due date make me feel so good... and scared. I have no idea how I'm going to push this baby out! My sister-in-law Christina took some really good pictures of me that I will cherish for the rest of my life. here are a few of them.




This belly picture is of me and Sarah and it's one of my favorites!
I've finally got my nursery done pretty much the way it's going to be. The only thing is the top of the shelf has become somewhat of a storage area for toys (I'm in the market for a really cool wooden toy chest) and I plan on doing something really cool up there. If anyone has some good ideas for the top of it let me know. I'll have to post about it once it happens. I got the rug at Garden Ridge and it is soooo comfy! I got down on the floor to lie down on it because it's just sooo fluffy. I LOVE it! I got the crib on craigslist and it is from Bratt Decor. I got it for less than half what it is new and it looks like new. The chair and changing table I painted black and distressed to match the crib and you would never know they weren't a set. Especially the changing table and crib. My next project is my kitchen table and chairs. There might even be a chandelier involved! There's no telling when this will be finished though. I plan on posting about my delivery and Jacob next!!!







5 comments:

Victoria said...

I love seeing Jacob's room and cannot WAIT to see it in person. Love all the pics Christina took. Aren't you glad you have a talented SIL?!?!! ;)

Anonymous said...

My best wishes to you.

Pamela RN in N E Ohio

Christina said...

I'm so glad you posted about Jacob's wonderful room. Love it!

Traci@ Beneath My Heart said...

Adorable nursery! I'm sure little Jacob will love it!
Blessings,
Traci

Elisabeth said...

wow, what an adorable nursery. I love the color of the wall. Congratulations!